Donec id dapibus magna. Fusce malesuada nec nisi sit amet tincidunt. Vestibulum tempus fermentum dolor. Vivamus varius urna euismod tortor pulvinar rhoncus. Vivamus eu laoreet dui. Sed vulputate sem eget ultrices mollis. Cras faucibus orci mauris, non porta diam iaculis.
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1/2 small pear, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
FOR THE KIMCHI
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped kimchi
- 1 teaspoon sugar
FOR THE BOWLS
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pack fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 soft-boiled eggs
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine pear, soy sauce, cilantro, gochujang, sesame oil, brown sugar, ginger and garlic. In a gallon size Ziploc bag, combine soy sauce mixture and chicken; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Drain the chicken from the marinade; brush with canola oil. Add chicken to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 10 minutes.
- Heat sesame oil in small skillet over medium high heat. Add kimchi and sugar, and cook, stirring constantly, until caramelized and heated through, about 3-5 minutes; set aside.
- Cook jasmine rice according to package instructions.
- Divide rice into bowls. Top with chicken, kimchi, cabbage, carrots, avocado, cilantro and eggs, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.